TweetTimelineListAdapter certain profile pictures not showing up (Android)

I’ve successfully connected to a TweetTimelineListAdapter on Android, however certain profile pictures are not showing up on the timeline. The images show up perfectly on a browser and the iOS version, but what is the problem for Android?

Thanks

Hey,

Could you tell me which API level are you using? Also, which sim / device are you running this on?

Thanks!

V

Sure, I’m looking for an API level but can’t find where it is exactly. I’m assuming it’s the latest, since it was installed using Fabric for Eclipse a couple weeks ago, which is on version 2.2.1 / 3.6.4. The AndroidManifest.xml for com-twitter-sdk-android_tweet-ui says version 1.1.

The result is showing up like this on a Nexus 5. However, it’s working just fine when trying from an HTC One (M7).

Thanks

Which version of Android is running on your Nexus? I’ll try to repro this.

V

It’s on 5.0.2. The timeline snippet is the following:

final UserTimeline userTimeline = new UserTimeline.Builder().screenName(“California_ISO”).build();
final TweetTimelineListAdapter adapter = new TweetTimelineListAdapter(this.getActivity(), userTimeline);
setListAdapter(adapter);

Thanks!

Hey Job_Mo,

TweetViews use Picasso for image loading and TweetUi 1.1 specified a Picasso 2.3.2 dependency. Picasso has released some new versions which provide various fixes and improvements; our next release may bump the version to provide those for everyone. No need to wait though, you can specify a higher dependency version which will be used in your app. That may help alleviate issues you’re seeing.

compile 'com.squareup.picasso:picasso:2.5.2'

I tried on a Nexus 5 5.0.1 and was not able to repro this. Could you try Dalton’s suggestion above?

V

I have the same problem,

I test several devices and not all of them fails:

• Sony Z2 with Android 5.0.2 fails!
  • Samsumg i9000 Android 4.4.2 fails!
  • Sony L Android 4.2.2 Works

After several tries this is my solution

// Twitter images bug
    compile 'com.squareup.picasso:picasso:2.5.2' 
    // Twitter
    //compile('com.twitter.sdk.android:twitter:1.3.2@aar') { transitive = true; }
    compile('com.twitter.sdk.android:twitter:1.2.+') { transitive = true; }

When I use com.twitter.sdk.android:twitter:1.3.2@aar with com.squareup.picasso:picasso:2.5.2 all pictures are missing.

Using com.twitter.sdk.android:twitter:1.2.+ all pictures are showed in all devices. I think all 1.3 versions fail