Tweets with summary_large_image display as summary

It seems like the problem I’m facing is a problem that several people are facing. Reading other topics I have the feeling that the problem should have been solved last month but unfortunately it still doesn’t display properly for me.

The card validator displays the picture as I want it to be.

On my Twitter page, the tweet is shown as a small image with the text next to it (like it is for a summary)

The code I’m using to post the tweet is

<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary_large_image">
<meta name="twitter:site" content="Photona">
<meta name="twitter:title" content="Dama dama">
<meta name="twitter:text:description" content="bekeken: 2 keren">
<meta name="twitter:image" content="https://photona.org/wp-content/uploads/wppa/409.jpg">

The tweet is displayed in the same way regardless if I’m using Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox.

When I post a tweet manually, it displays nicely as expected.

What can I do to enforce that the tweet is displayed as a large picture with the text below it?
The original picture is approximately 900 x 700 pixels which seems in line with the requirements.

Looking forward to your reply.
Dirk Claesen
http://photona.org

What do you mean when you say

When I post a tweet manually, it displays nicely as expected.

What is the difference between that, and any other way you may post a Tweet.

It looks like your card is displaying as an experimental variant of Summary Large Image (still a large image, not square but expanded inline) in some contexts.

With “when I post a tweet manually” I mean that I logon onto twitter, press on the “Tweet” button, start typing the tweet and then I click on the button to add an image.like most humans do. When I do it like this, the text displays nicely under the image.
But when I use the code as shown in this topic, then it always displays the text next to the image.and that is what I don’t like.
Apart from this deer all previous tweets that were posted via the code are indeed square. The strange thing is that now when I look to my tweets again, that same deer displays now correctly. (But the older tweets still show as squares with the text next to it.)

Has something changed on Twitter or can it indeed happen that tweets are rendered differently when one vists the page again?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.