Since the beginning of March my site’s tweets are only partially appearing on the timeline.
I’m running a non-profit website for lost & found ads. A user will make an ad about a lost or found object. All ads are also tweeted by the site with a php cron job that is running every 15 minutes. This script is really simple, it goes like this:
- login with consumer key and -secret of the site’s account
- authenticate with token and secret of the site’s application
- check credentials so we are sure we are logged in
- see if there are new ads
- if yes, tweet each new ad (status/update for each ad)
- set the flag for the ad that it has been tweeted (so it won’t be tweeted again)
- for debugging: send an email with some info, like the # of ads tweeted
So to be clear, it’s not the users that are tweeting, it’s the site itself, on its own Twitter account. Up until March this worked flawlessly. Now, when I look at the httpstatuses the first tweet gets a code 200, but following tweets get 403. And even that is not always the case as the first mostly also gets a 403. I checked the rating limits but we are not even remotely touching any rate limit with 5 tweets at the most for each time the script runs. I also reset both key and token but without succes.
I always used the abrahams php class but to make sure that this library is not the issue I made some test code that uses codebird.php. I get exactly the same results with either library.
Can anybody please help me or give me tips where to look? What to check? Thanks in advance.