Tweets missing from API for single Twitter account

I manage a company Twitter account and for the past week, there have been huge gaps in the tweets showing up across the API for this account. For example, in the latest instance if you look at our Twitter feed when logged out of Twitter.com or in any third-party app, it shows our last tweet being 14h ago. However, we have sent a number of tweets since then, which you only see when logged in. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening? This is a huge concern given a number of our followers are high level Twitter users who are likely using Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, etc. and have been missing our tweets. It has been happening on and off for the past week. Again, this is not a problem with a single tool or page using the API, it is a problem with Twitter and this one account. It’s clearly impacting our impressions as indicated by the analytics:

Any ideas? Thanks!

Update: I removed the account from our third party tool and tweeted directly from Twitter.com, which solved the problem. But once I put it back into the third party tool it started happening again. This despite we have several other accounts in the third party tool that are not experiencing this problem, so it must have something to do with the Twitter account.

Any Twitter staff have an idea as to what is happening? Can’t get an answer from anyone, and this is very frustrating.

Sorry for the delay. Have you asked this 3rd party tool if they have any clues, or have seen similar activity before?