Tweet via app created in TwitterApps [noob]

restapi
apps.twitter.com
rest
api

Hello.

I am developing a “share” functionality form my website but I am a noob using Twitter developer tools. Whenever a user tweets from my website I would like to post it using a twitter app (created in apps.twitter.com) and the API in order to have them centralized.

I have in mind a use case similar to Facebook’s, when you can connect both accounts (twitter and facebook) and whenever you post something in your Facebook wall, Facebook tweets it in your feed automatically for you.

The problem is that I do not find any documentation nor resources to achieve this.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

You have two options here:

1. Use a Tweet button. This is very simple to add to a page and does not require you to create an app or do any custom coding.

2. Build an app in a language of your choice, and have it use the statuses/update endpoint to post the Tweet.

Thank you for your answer.

I have been considering the second option, but the problem is that I have an anchor with the twitter’s href and when the user clicks it, it shows the tweet form in a separated dialog/iframe, so I can not access it to change the Tweet button’s method and override it with the statuses/update endpoint.

Do you know if there is a way to avoid creating myself a “Tweet form” like the one in the dialog and access the one Twitter creates? Or there is any other solution?

Thanks again