Too many requests error on Real Time Tailored Audience Update

We have added id sync on our web site, and trying to add members to a tailored audience using our user ids using the POST tailored_audience_memberships - however we get Too Many requests even when sending just a single request.

twurl -X POST -H "https://ads-api.twitter.com" --header 'Content-Type: application/json' --data '[{"operation_type":"Update","params":{"membership_type": "WEB_MEMBERSHIP","advertiser_account_id":"ACCOUNTID","user_identifier":"USER ID","user_identifier_type":"TAWEB_PARTNER_USER_ID","audience_names":"Test Audience"}}]' "/1/tailored_audience_memberships"

Received the following response:

{"request":{"params":{}},"errors":[{"code":"TOO_MANY_REQUESTS","message":"Too many requests"}]}

I noticed the closed beta on this endpoint, wondering if the above is because we need to allowed access to this endpoint.

Thanks

Hey @r_mash1

Can you let us know the client_app_id that you’re using to make these requests. We should be able to confirm if you’ve got access once we have that.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am not sure if I have the right client_app_id, this is the id that shows up in the url when I click on the app details - 13023642

Thanks

Hey @r_mash1

It looks like you don’t have access to the Real-Time endpoint. I’ve made a request internally to grant you access, and I’ll let you know once that’s completed.

Thanks!

Thanks! - a follow up question, we have the id sync setup as per this document https://dev.twitter.com/ads/audiences/id-sync - we are passing the Owner Id from our apps.twitter.com account where we have setup our app as the value for p_id parameter - is that the correct value?

Hey @r_mash1

In order to get you access to the Real Time API, we’ll need someone from your end to sign an agreement. Can you let us know who the correct signatory should be? In terms of ID sync, this is something you’ll need to talk to your AM or PM about. They should be able to get you set up.

cc @mauropiano

Thanks!

Please send in the agreement to our CTO Robyn Peterson (robyn@mashable.com). Thanks!

cc @mauropiano