Time-line widget using search word plus exclusion - works on Twitter test page but not on website

My attention was drawn to a Tweet that appeared in the live Twitter time-line widget on one of my sites. It was correct inasmuch that the one word search criterion was included in the tweet but the content was inappropriate.

Researching discovered that when using the Widget Creator, I can add the Twitter name as an exclusion into the search condition list by preceding it with a space and a minus sign, namely;

<a class=“twitter-timeline” data-dnt=“true” href=“https://twitter.com/search?q=PRINCIPLE SEARCH WORD±UNDESIRABLE NAME” data-widget-id=…

The real-time display on the Widget page immediately excludes the unwanted. Result!

However, when the code is saved and then implemented on the website, the errant entry is still there. It gets even more interesting, because clicking on the Twitter link launches Twitter, and displays correctly with the unwanted removed!

I have tried two different computers and both IE & Firefox, but it is not excluded, whereas on Twitter it is.

Safe Mode is also selected and is working fine!

I wonder if anyone can advise please?