"This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can't complete this action right now. Please try again later."

Every time I try to send a tweet, that error shows up. It’s been like this for about two days. I also can’t follow anyone and retweet anything. I tried resetting my browser and changing my password and revoking apps, but still, no changes. What should I do?

Hi @clarissawho, Thanks for writing in. The error you’re receiving is discussed over in this thread. https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/27684 Hope that helps.

@aaronhoff Can you please walk me through on filing a ticket in the link found in that discussion? Which bullet should I choose and how do I fill up the other fields?

I am a casual Twitter user with about 10 tweets a week. And a few replies here and there under 10 a week.
Right now any tweet I try to reply to I get the above error message. it’s infuriating, and frankly, I don’t think you deserve the effort I put in to report this. I am allergic to incompetence.

It’s not helpful at all, actually. I’m receiving the message any time I tweet to a user who isn’t subscribed to me - and I’m doing it from the Twitter website. Nobody is responding in that thread and I can’t find any resources online which explain why my account would be locked like that.