"This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can't complete this action right now. Please try again later." HELP

I try to tweets and it says “This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can’t complete this action right now. Please try again later.”

Last night I was on my Youtube channel sorting out my playlists and it automatically tweets them out to Twitter, and there was a lot of Tweets. My twitter was suspended until I verified my phone number. It let me back into my account but now I can’t tweet anything. It isn’t because I have links or photos because I haven’t tried to tweet with links/photos. Can somebody help resolve this problem?

Same here, my account was locked during the night and had 2-3 tweets scheduled. Now I’ve unlocked it and there’s no way to tweet, retweet, like or follow other accounts.

I get the same error when tweeting : “This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can’t complete this action right now. Please try again later.” but also the ‘’ Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. please refresh the page and try again.’’ when trying to retweet, follow or favorite.

It’s been happening for almost 2 days with constant e-mails / reports to Support without any success. I’m starting to lose hope.

Please use support.twitter.com for queries like this. This forum exists to help developers with API questions and we cannot help with anything related to user accounts.

The very first post in this thread provides guidance for what to do if you have an API problem with this error.

Thanks.