This is a notice that your application, ___ is no longer allowed to perform write operations

How to I learn what I or my hosting service did wrong?

This is the message I got

This is a notice that your application, — is no longer allowed to perform write operations.
Please make sure that your application follows Twitter’s API Terms of Service

To request that your application be re-enabled for write operations, please visit our support form.

While this restriction is still in place, please do not attempt to register a new API key for your application without authorization from Twitter. Such an action is a violation of our API Terms of Service and may result in the permanent suspension of your application (as well as any associated developer accounts).

I got the same email yesterday. I had a look at my dev account and it says absolutely nothing about the app being restricted. According to my account/the app it still has write operations.

I also received this email , I am really puzzled, hope our accounts do not get blocked & such!

Twitter has automated systems that find and disable abusive API keys in bulk. If you received a notice from Twitter about your application being restricted from write actions between 5/29/14 and 6/2/14, it may be one of a set of apps that were mistakenly targeted during this period. These API keys have since been reactivated and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Please go ahead and try to perform a write action with your app to confirm or check your app’s permissions on dev.twitter.com (you may not have received notice of the reactivation). If you are still prevented from write operations, please file a ticket and we will investigate the situation: https://support.twitter.com/forms/platform