Tailored Audience Targeting

tailored-audiences

Consider a campaign with a distinct targeting criteria like only to males, a specific age range, some keywords etc. And then I attach a tailored audience list to the campaign.

Question: Will the campaign targeting include all users in the tailored audience list plus those who match the campaign criteria or all users who are in the list and who match the criteria?
In other words, is the relationship between the tailored list and the campaign targeting criteria OR or AND?
Can it be made an AND relationship that targets users on the list who match the criteria?

@juanshishido some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey @theusamaashraf

I’d recommend taking a look at our Targeting Criteria documentation for more details around the types of targeting criteria available as well as how combinations work as well.

To answer your specific question, Tailored Audiences and Keywords are “Primary” targeting types so these are OR’d together while Gender and Age are all “Other” targeting types so these will be AND’d together. In other words your targeting would be:

[Tailored Audience OR Keyword] AND Gender AND Age

Hope that helps!

@imit8me thanks so much for the very helpful response.

Tailored audiences don’t become targetable until there are at least 500 recently active users in the list and this endpoint doesn’t show targetable to be true until significantly more time after that.

We attach an incomplete audience list to our campaign almost as soon as it’s created.
Question: Until the audience list becomes targetable, will the targeting be done only based on the other criteria?

If yes, we want to start the campaign only when the tailored audience list is ready, but of course not too late. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hey @theusamaashraf

Tailored audiences don’t become targetable until there are at least 500 recently active users in the list and this endpoint doesn’t show targetable to be true until significantly more time after that.

This is correct, and if using the Real Time endpoint audiences are targetable in near real time. Given your needs, I’d say this is the best approach.

Question: Until the audience list becomes targetable, will the targeting be done only based on the other criteria?

Yes, this is correct

Hope that helps!