T.Status.update not updating status of users but success function is called

I use the following code to update someone’s feed if they click a checkbox on my site. The success function is called, but the status update does not appear in the person’s feed. I don’t think it is an issue with the callback URL or with authorization because when they user clicks the checkbox, the Twitter connect window appears and the user can successfully click connect and then my application appears in their settings as an application with read/write privileges. I’m at a total loss as to why it wouldn’t work if there are no error messages and the success function is called.

twttr.anywhere(function (T) {

var tweet = get_tweet_text();
T.Status.update(tweet,{success: function(resp) {document.getElementById(‘twitterStatus’).innerHTML = “Successfully posted to @”+T.currentUser.data(‘screen_name’)+" on twitter.com";},error: function(resp) {document.getElementById(‘twitterStatus’).innerHTML = “Error: Unable to post to @”+T.currentUser.data(‘screen_name’)+" on twitter.com";}});

}

We unfortunately don’t support any of the unofficial/undocumented features of @Anywhere like T.Status.update

etert