we’re currently using the streams API and evaluating how to move forward using the provided webhooks API. Our business currently uses multiple of hundreds of streams. Our APP ID is 1391063 .
- Enterprise - All activities
- Standard beta - All Activities
- Standard beta - Direct Messages
My questions are:
From reading through them, my understanding is that “Enterprise” and “Standard beta” only deal with “All activities” and they do not include “Direct Messages”, is that correct? Or does All acitivites include Direct Messages?
Regarding “Standard beta - All activity”, the subscription limit is documented as 35 and for “Standard beta - Direct Messages” it is documented as 50 subscriptions.
Both are way below our number of current subscribers, what is the adviced way to move forward here?
We can successfully work with the “Standard beta - Direct Messages” but cannot access the “Standard beta - All activities”, however on May 1, 2017, 5:04 PM we received an email from Jeff L. at twitter confirming we’ve been granted access to the beta account activity API. However when we try to create a webhook via
/1.1/account_activity/all/env-beta/webhooks.json?url=https…we get back the following error
Is there an overlap between webhooks created with “Enterprise - All activities”, “Standard beta - All Activities” and “Standard beta - Direct Messages”. It seems that “Enterprise” and “Direct Messages” use the same endpoint and thus share then, but “Standard beta - All Activities” do not; can you confirm this?
- Can we use the same webhook endpoint URL for each of those three APIs as the receiving end?
- Should we apply again for “Standard beta - All Activities” ( https://developer.twitter.com/en/apply ) so we’re granted access or can you whitelist us based on our previous grant?
thank you very much,