Summary/large image validation failure with WARN: No metatags found

For http://mcldaz.org/custom/kids.aspx I have added the metadata tags but it fails in both the validator and when I try to post the URL in a tweet. I’ve added a wildcard accept robots.txt, tried curl with the Twitterbot user agent and the page is sending back a Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 header. I’ve even tried pasting in card meta tags from another site that works properly and it still won’t pick them up coming from this domain.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I see this on a verbose curl call.

< Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml; charset=utf-8

So I’m not sure that you’re correct in stating that the Content-Type is text/html?

I also ran the site through the w3 validator and it seems to be a bit confused as to whether it is XHTML or HTML. The key thing here though is that the Cards validator will ignore the content if the Content-Type is not one that it recognises.

That’s interesting - Chrome’s Developer Tools is what showed me Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8. When I do curl -I I see the same headers that you do. This software (that I did not write) must be doing some sort of yucky user agent sniffing - I know it redirects the Google crawler to the mobile site automatically. It also doesn’t surprise me that the page doesn’t validate. :cry:

I was able to override the content type header by manually specifying it in the ASP.NET Webforms <%@ Page %> attribute section and now it seems to be working!

Thanks for your response, Andy!

Great to hear, glad you’re all set.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.