I’ve followed all directions and applied any advice I can find and my cards simply will not display. I’m at a loss. This seems very straight forward, but for the life of me I can’t get anything but the default gray card to display.
Here’s my meta data pulled from the source of my page.
<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary_large_image" /> <meta name="twitter:site" content="@lukeslytalker" /> <meta name="twitter:creator" content="@lukeslytalker" /> <meta name="twitter:url" content="http://natebal.com/blog/content-writing-advice/" /> <meta name="twitter:title" content="Content Writing Advice for Building Website Traffic" /> <meta name="twitter:description" content="(Visited 100 times, 1 visits today)" /> <meta name="twitter:image" content="http://natebal.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/content-writing-advice-6.png" />
Here’s what I’ve tried…
- I completely removed my robots.txt momentarily to see if there was an issue with that.
- I scanned my .htaccess file to see if any ips in the Twitter range were blocked. They weren’t.
- I turned off card options in the Yoast SEO plugin.
- I have no other plugins running that do anything with Twitter cards.
- I’ve tried creating several new posts in case older posts were cached by Twitter.
- I created this thread 4 days ago but haven’t gotten 1 response. - Help with Twitter Summary Card Image Not Displaying no Matter What I Try
- I’m currently trying to get my card pulled using the Twitter Meta Plugin, but they can’t provide me any advice as far as what I need to do to get this working.
Can anyone provide any information? I’m officially tapped for ideas on how to make what sounds like very straight forward programming work. It’s frustrating as the great majority of links I submit to Twitter pull the correct info. It’s not rocket science, but I can’t seem to make my cards pull.
Am I waiting for Twitter to whitelist me? If so why does it say I’m already whitelisted?
Am I waiting for Twitter to purge their cache? If so why do my new posts still display the default gray image?
Does Twitter just not like me?