Suddenly getting 401 Unauthorized responses from request_token


#1

Recently we started seeing 401 Unauthorized responses from https://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token.
We made NO CHANGES on our end.
We found the issue that same problems has occured to other developers.
https://dev.twitter.com/issues/708

Please tell us what shoud we do and help us and our users.

Thank you.


#2

We’ve been more lenient about improper HTTP in the past. We’re more strict now.

Make sure you’re sending a User-agent, make sure you’re sending a proper Content-Type header if you’re sending a POST body, make sure you’re sending a Content-Length header if you’re sending a POST body, make sure you’re sending a HTTP Host header indicating the server you’re trying to execute.