Student Developer Account Application Rejected

Hello,

I’m taking a data science class at my university and the instructor required us to apply for a Twitter Developer account. However, my application got rejected. Does anyone else had this problem? What do you suggest?

Thanks

bump

Is there a way to reapply? I need this to pass my course.

Hello @ozturkberkay.

All of our developer applications are reviewed to ensure compliance with Twitter’s policies. While we can’t comment on specific cases, applications may be rejected if they are found to be in violation of any section of the Developer Agreement and Policy, Automation Rules, Display Requirements, and/or the Twitter Rules.

There currently isn’t a way to edit a rejected application. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Hamza

Hey @ozturkberkay,

We have a specific playbook for educators that I encourage you to pass along to your professor:
https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/basics/developer-portal/guides/twitter-for-education

If you do still need access for your class, I encourage you to create a new Twitter account to apply with and make sure to keep our developer agreement in mind when you are crafting your use case.

Hello @LeBraat and @hmz

I have applied with a different account again and rejected. Most of my friends’ applications got approved but mine is not. This is starting to get frustrating. Can you point out exactly what’s wrong with my use case?

Screenshot_2018-10-20%20Apply%20%E2%80%94%20Twitter%20Developers

Thanks