Streaming Filter API resulting in 401 unauthorized error


#1

I have been using the “POST /1.1/statuses/filter.json” streaming API for a long time now and it was working just fine.

It suddenly stopped working from 11th March (Around 3:00am UTC). When I tried the API individually by building the oAuth header and all, I am getting a 401 response (It is a HTML response, not a JSON one).

The credentials and the code to generate the authorization header are proper because the same credentials and code work for other normal ReST API.

It is only the streaming API that has an issue. To avoid frequent re-connect being an issue I stopped the daemon for 3 days and tried again today (just one attempt). It resulted in a 401.

I have raised a support request with the form for “Twitter Platform Policy”. No response from 3 days.

Any pointers in resolving this will be very helpful.

Please let me know if I need to provide any more information.