Statuses/filter => HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required

streaming
statuses-filter

Hi!

I have been trying for days to implement a client for the Twitter statuses/filter API.

I can’t use an existing library because what I am trying to do is exactly to create a very simple library on InterSystems technology that don’t rely on PHP, Python, or any other technology.

I have a developer account with twitter with an app created and I have my consumer keys and secret as well as my access key and secret.

Here is how my HTTP looks like and what I am getting back:

POST /1.1/statuses/filter.json HTTP/1.1
Host: stream.twitter.com
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Connection: keep-alive
Accept: application/json
User-Agent: IRIS Twitter Streaming Demo Adapter 1.0
Authorization: OAuth oauth_consumer_key=“HTU8ULyS5TW7CuPr3i0ymBnTp”, oauth_token=“15843319-cxj7pEpTY2DqqUQdsprkMpPpH1jS4NX7KpFooAYhR”, oauth_signature_method=“HMAC-SHA1”, oauth_signature=“iuf8CIAR-bhFbrJr594CP0sxN3k”, oauth_timestamp=“1546282597”, oauth_nonce=“mhVv86cUJfwdsAnIQWrOOA”, oauth_version=“1.0”
Content-Length: 251

follow=@amirsamary&language=en&oauth_consumer_key=HTU8ULyS5TW7CuPr3i0ymBnTp&oauth_nonce=mhVv86cUJfwdsAnIQWrOOA&oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_timestamp=1546282597&oauth_token=15843319-cxj7pEpTY2DqqUQdsprkMpPpH1jS4NX7KpFooAYhR&oauth_version=1.0

HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required

\n\n\nError 401 Unauthorized

HTTP ERROR: 401

Problem accessing '/1.1/statuses/filter.json'. Reason:

Unauthorized

Hi @amirsamary - you could try running this request with Insomnia, as this might help you understand where the error lies.

Also, please review our documentation on authorising a request here: https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/basics/authentication/guides/authorizing-a-request

Note that the example in our documentation has Accept: */* rather than Accept: application/json. Although I don’t think this is causing the issue as such, it might be worth changing this parameter when you send the HTTP request.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.