Status code: 422 when trying to build query with premium search operators

Hi,

I’m trying to get tweets related with grip ( means flu in turkish) I’m using pyton wrapper for this.I’ve build a query rule like this. But it’s returning “retrying request; current status code: 422” what am I doing wrong here? I have premium subscription so it’s not a sandbox environment. So I can use -has:links and -is:retweet operators cause I don’t want retweets and tweets with links . Here is my query rule;

rule = gen_rule_payload("grip lang:tr AND -has:links AND -is:retweet", results_per_call=500, from_date=2018-02-20, to_date=2018-02-21)

Also I’ve tried like this;

rule = gen_rule_payload("(grip) (lang:tr) -(has:links AND is:retweet)", results_per_call=500, from_date=2018-02-20, to_date=2018-02-21)

I’m sure that I’m missing something but what? Thanks for any help.

Best Regards.

Ok, I found that logical operator AND doesn’t work with premium search or I am doing it wrong. This rule is working and not giving error;

rule = gen_rule_payload("grip lang:tr -has:links -is:retweet", results_per_call=500, from_date=2018-02-20, to_date=2018-02-21)

It is filtering out retweets.But it doesn’t filtering out tweets with links. I wonder if we can negate has:links or not.

Also when I want to filter out replies this rule is giving error too;

rule = gen_rule_payload("grip lang:tr -has:links -is:retweet -is:reply", results_per_call=500, from_date=2018-02-20, to_date=2018-02-21)

Can’t we use is:reply in premium search? Is there anyway to filter out replies,retweets and tweets with links together?

By the way I’m using full archive search endpoint and I’m using https://github.com/twitterdev/search-tweets-python

Hi @AlpayKurbal - what’s the full error message you’re seeing when attempting to run this search request?

Hi,

It’s giving below error. Is there a way to get full error message that I don’t know? Because I’m just getting status code 422 which refers to Unprocessable Entity.

Grabbing bearer token from OAUTH
{“query”: “grip lang:tr -has:links -is:retweet -is:reply”, “fromDate”: “201802050000”, “toDate”: “201802060000”, “maxResults”: 500}
retrying request; current status code: 422

Best Regards

Thanks for sharing the request. Can you try running the request with cURL? Here’s how to do so.

Hi, thanks for helping out,

With curl request with

“query”:“grip lang:tr -has:links -is:retweet -is:reply”

I got following response;

{"error":{"message":"There were errors processing your request: Unrecognized operator:'is:reply'","sent":"2019-02-04T21:32:41+00:00","transactionId":"00c9fdc80019ca1f"}

So can’t I use “is:reply” operator with premium Full-Archive search API? Is there any alternative for same filtering?

Best Regards

I believe you are attempting to use this operator with the sandbox Search Premium Full-Archive API. is:reply is an operator that’s only available to use with the paid premium.

closed #9