Stats endpoint errors (diagnosed?)

oauth
api

Fake Edit: I’ve actually tracked this down to what looks like a regression in the http gem starting with versions >= 0.8.0. There are discrepencies between the encoding of colons to hex between the oauth signing face and the request making phase. This only appears to pop-up in the stats endpoints because an iso8601 start time is a requirement on all endpoints.

Similar to this problem, I can’t access the stats API from my ruby client code. I’ve been adding support to the popular twitter gem and the other 70 or so endpoints I’ve added work fine. All of the stats endpoints I’ve tried return the following error

{"errors":[{"code":"UNAUTHORIZED_ACCESS","message":"This request is not properly authenticated"}],"request":{"params":{}}}

I understand that this looks like a code bug in the client code (and it probably is?) but I’m a bit lost as to what problem on my end would break auth on just a small collection of endpoints.

When comparing headers and such everything looks about the same. I’m still working on setting up MITMProxy so I can get more detailed request log information.

Any other ideas for what could be going on?

Ah, thanks for digging around @tholmes - I saw your edit now :slight_smile: Have you managed to work around this issue then?