Someones hacked into my account. Someones changed my email address and now I cant logon

Someones hacked into my account. Someones changed my email address and now I cant logon.

Ive asked twitter support who should have admin rights to reset my email address to the email adress Ive had for the last 9 years.

ive emailed Twitter support and I get the standard response ‘password reset’. However I cant reset my password if someone has changed my email address.

on password reset page>
if I type my email address - the message displays email is invalid
I then type my user name, looks good, click submit
next page displays, i type in my email address
the result - message displays doesnt match my account

Ive had my twitter account from day dot and have now been offline for over a week.

any one else experienced this issue?

dd

Yes, this happened to my personal account. Someone has hacked my Twitter account and changed the email. So I fill in the Twitter hacking complaint form, but all they say (INCREDIBLE!) is that my email address is not the same as the one currently associated with the account. OF COURSE IT’S NOT!!! IT’S BEEN CHANGED TO THE HACKER’S EMAIL!!

Why are Twitter not able to help the growing number of people I see that are victims of this Twitter hacking scam? Can’t the Twitter engineers look back in their database and see what the original email was? It beggar’s belief that a supposed technical organisation cannot implement what should be a simple fix. And that their support is so shockingly awful!

TWITTER INC : REQUIRE SECURITY QUESTIONS FOR ACCOUNT USERS TO PROTECT THEM AGAINST HACKERS. EMAIL VERFICATION IS NOT ENOUGH !http://www.change.org/petitions/twitter-inc-require-security-questions-for-account-users-to-protect-them-against-hackers-email-verfication-is-not-enough?share_id=uPsGanzmys&utm_campaign=twitter_link&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition via @change

Log me out of all devices