Some object files have incompatible Objective-C category definitions. Some category metadata may be lost. All files containing Objective-C categories should be built using the same compiler

ios

Since Xcode 8 in a project that links TwitterKit ld produces warning “Some object files have incompatible Objective-C category definitions. Some category metadata may be lost. All files containing Objective-C categories should be built using the same compiler.” Using a custom built version of ld which logs the categories causing the warning produces:

category in file ./Pods/TwitterCore/TwitterCore.framework/TwitterCore(TWTRGCOAuth.o) has no storage for class properties
category in file ./Pods/TwitterCore/TwitterCore.framework/TwitterCore(NSObject+JLJSONMapping.o) has no storage for class properties
category in file ./Pods/TwitterCore/TwitterCore.framework/TwitterCore(NSMutableArray+JLJSONMapping.o) has no storage for class properties
category in file ./Pods/TwitterCore/TwitterCore.framework/TwitterCore(NSError+JLJSONMapping.o) has no storage for class properties

This warning is killing me with my own project. Can you give me any clues as to how you found or created a custom build version of Ld which logs the categories causing the warning?

Is this still an issue for you with Twitter Kit 3.0?

You cannot build ld without access to Apple internal frameworks. Contact DTS for help.

Twitter Kit 3.0.0 has been built with Xcode 8.3.2 and should allow you to link with all object files containing categories.

My comment was specifically for the special version of ld which actually logs the files producing the warning.