Social Cards Not showing when link copied into Twitter

Afternoon,

I’m fairly new to Twitter and site management and I’m having trouble having getting the social cards to be on all Twitter links.

When the post is posted the WP to Twitter plugin ensures the social card is added. However, if anyone just copy and pastes a link into Twitter itself the cards don’t show. I tried using the Card Validator and i just get the message…

“ERROR: Fetching the page failed because other errors.”

Can you let me know what i’m doing wrong? You might need to Spot-the-dog it for me as I’m not greatly technical.

Example of a link here

Thanks

Jim

The problem is covered by the second-to-last bullet point in this topic.

It looks like you’re trying to validate www.thezombiechimp.com but your site’s secure certificate identity is just thezombiechimp.com. You’ll probably need someone from your host to help you to reconfigure things so that these match correctly.

Thanks, I’ve just gone back to the hosts and they say that they can’t see anything wrong with the SSL certificate, and that it’s working for both thezombiechimp.com and www.thezombiechimp.com. They advised to go back to yourselves.

Not sure if it matters but Facebook brings up the cards.

Our crawler is Java-based and uses strict certificate verification. As described here, the server name and certificate name must match. There is nothing wrong with the certificate, but the server configuration does not match completely.

$ echo -e 'HEAD / HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: www.thezombiechimp.com\r\n\r\n' | openssl s_client -servername www.thezombiechimp.com -connect www.thezombiechimp.com:443 -state -quiet

SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
**SSL3 alert read:warning:unrecognized name**
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server hello A
depth=3 C = US, O = "The Go Daddy Group, Inc.", OU = Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority
verify return:1
depth=2 C = US, ST = Arizona, L = Scottsdale, O = "GoDaddy.com, Inc.", CN = Go Daddy Root Certificate Authority - G2
depth=1 C = US, ST = Arizona, L = Scottsdale, O = "GoDaddy.com, Inc.", OU = http://certs.godaddy.com/repository/, CN = Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2
depth=0 OU = Domain Control Validated, CN = thezombiechimp.com

The unrecognized name error shows that this is the problem here.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.