Sharing data retrieved from OAuth with our business partner

Greetings,

I am building an application that allows the end-user to login using Twitter OAuth into our web application. We use OAuth to get authorization from the user to retrieve user information such as screen_name, name and description.

The question I have is can I share the user information (screen_name, name and description) with my business partner(third party) through the backend so I can generate some search based on user profile thus adding value for our customers.

When I look at the Developer Agreement and Developer Policy document, I see the following:

• Section I.B of Developer Agreement says “Subject to the terms and conditions in this Agreement (as a condition to the grant below), Twitter hereby grants you and you accept a non-exclusive, royalty free, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license solely to use the Twitter API to integrate Twitter Content …”
  • Section II.A. of Developer Agreement says " You will not or attempt to …3) sell, rent, lease, sublicense, distribute, redistribute, syndicate, create derivative works of, assign or otherwise transfer or provide access to, in whole or in part, the Licensed Material to any third party except as expressly permitted herein; …"
  • Section F.2 ode Developer Policy says “If you provide Twitter Content to third parties, including downloadable datasets of Twitter Content or an API that returns Twitter Content, you will only distribute or allow download of Tweet IDs, Direct Message IDs, and/or User IDs.”

Once again, the question I have is can I share the user information (screen_name, name and description) with my business partner(third party) through the backend so I can generate some search based on user profile thus adding value for our customers.

It will be good to hear from Twitter team.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there -

Thanks for building on Twitter. Per the last section of the Dev Policy noted above - Twitter Content provided to third parties is restricted to Tweet IDs, Direct Message IDs, and/or User IDs. No Twitter Content beyond or apart from this may be shared with third parties.

Thanks

Thank you for a prompt response. So, if I share the userid(which is really only a number), then I guess the third party partner can call https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/accounts-and-users/follow-search-get-users/api-reference/get-users-lookup and get user_info object such as name, screen_name and description. Correct?

I am assuming that there would be restrictions on how many calls they can make(rate limit)? Correct? if so, what is that limitation/rate limit?

Thank you in advance for your response.