Search using Geolocation returning only tweets with Point Coordinates

Hello everyone!

Previously, I have used the Twitter Search API to retrieve historical tweets within a specific geography (specified by lat, long and radius). In the past, all tweets from this geography were returned, if they met the criteria even if they did not have a coordinate location associated with it, (the coordinates would just be null.) Now, I am only receiving Tweets (using the same query) that have point location coordinates.

So, here are my questions:

1. Is it possible to retrieve previous Tweets by geolocation and return all tweets within this location (with or without location data)?
  2. Is there a better way to retrieve previous tweets by geolocation (to include tweets with and without location)?

I have enclosed below a snippet of my search code.

$tablename= 'starbucks15';
$query1= "SELECT min(ID) FROM $tablename";
$minID= $db->query($query1);
$minID= $minID->fetch();

$connection = getConnectionWithAccessToken($consumerkey, $consumersecret, $accesstoken, $accesstokensecret);

$tweets = $connection->get("https://api.twitter.com/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=starbucks%20-RT&result_type=recent&geocode=40.783306,-73.966694,25mi&count=100&max_id=$minID[0]");

Thanks!! Any help would be much appreciated!

As a side note if you are using TwitterOAuth, you should update the library and implement the call like this:

$tweets = $connection->get("search/tweets", array("q" => "starbucks -RT", "result_type" => "recent", "geocode" => "40.783306,-73.966694,25mi", "count" => 100, "max_id" => $minID[0]));