Search API: from:username keyword not working

bug
api

I’m trying to replicate this query https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=growth%20OR%20marketing%20-filter%3Aretweets%20-filter%3Areplies%20from%3Adeuxio&src=typd via API.

The twitter API doc mentions this should work:

But it seems the “from” filter doesn’t work anymore. Can anyone explain me how to proceed to make it work ?

Thanks

I’ve just successfully run

twurl "/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=from%3Aandypiper"

This returns recent Tweets from my Twitter handle. It may be that the account that you are searching for is not covered by the search API index, for some reason (note that the search API does not have a comprehensive index and only covers the past 7 days).

@andypiper You’re right: calling the “from” filter works, but ONLY when you add this param with NO other filters / query. At least for me.

Can you try the query I pasted in my initial post ?

I’m seeing that twurl "/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=growth%20OR%20marketing%20-filter%3Aretweets%20-filter%3Areplies" works.

Adding the from: filter does not work twurl "/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=growth%20OR%20marketing%20-filter%3Aretweets%20-filter%3Areplies%20from%3Adeuxio"

This is not a generalised issue, as twurl "/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=from%3Aandypiper%20API" works just fine.

I conclude that the user’s Tweets are not currently in the search index for some reason (or, that they have not Tweeted with matching terms within the past 7 days)

According to your knowledge, would it be the right solution to query the user’s timeline and then filter on our side then ?

Yes, I think that would be your best option in this case.