Saving Selected Tweets from Search to Database

Been strolling through all the discussions and finding myself confused with various aspects of the API rules. In particular

1.4.A You may export or extract non-programmatic, GUI-driven Twitter Content as a PDF or spreadsheet by using “save as” or similar functionality. Exporting Twitter Content to a datastore as a service or other cloud based service, however, is not permitted.

I’m currently looking at integrating a Tweet search functionality into a Cloud based site I’m working on. The product is a contact manager that you can set up individual or business contacts in. The idea is to allow the user to input keywords for searching Twitter, display results in a management structure of ours and then save only selected results to a database. This will only be viewable from within the product and have no public broadcasting functionality.

The process would be

1. User provides several key words to search by.
  2. Results are displayed to the user.
  3. User can then add TweetNick to an existing contact entry or create a new contact and add the TweetNick.
  4. Save content of the tweet against the corresponding contact with any additional notes the user may want to add for that contact

At this stage the search will be an on demand by user execution. It won’t be an automated search that runs constantly though this may be a future consideration.
Later the user may include the information in reports when doing analysis of their contacts and interests.

I’ve got the following concerns

1. Can I save only some of a tweet and store it or can it only be the whole tweet or not at all?
  2. When returning search results back to the user do I have to display using the twitter formatting for display?
  3. To ensure user conditions I would need to check regularly that the tweet hasn’t been deleted?

Probably have more questions as I work through things but some help on this would be a great starting point.

Thanks

Neal, did you ever get a response to this or find out more? I currently have the same questions about storing @mentions and direct messages of authorized application users to a database.