<retweeted> and <favorited> is always set to <false> in GET search/tweets

Hi All,

I think this question may have been asked around several times before this, but I havent come across a solution as of yet. Hence asking again!

Im making an iPhone app which allows my authenticated users to either reply, retweet and favorite a tweet.

My retweets and favorites are reflected on website just as expected and everything works fine, until I run the GET search/tweets API again. When I dig deep into the API response of the tweet which was manipulated by me. I can see that the <favorite_count> and the <retweet_count> are being updated as expected. But strangely the and (so called Perspectival) fields are not.

Yes I am authenticating the user with request, and Im pretty sure the authentication process is correct cause if it wasn’t I wouldn’t be able to see the tweets at all.

Could there be an explanation for this? Is this a bug? Or am I just looking at it the wrong way

Some important words went missing hence im copy pasting the query again :

I think this question may have been asked around several times before this, but I havent come across a solution as of yet. Hence asking again!

Im making an iPhone app which allows my authenticated users to either reply, retweet and favorite a tweet.

My retweets and favorites are reflected on website just as expected and everything works fine, until I run the GET search/tweets API again. When I dig deep into the API response of the tweet which was manipulated by me. I can see that the favorite_count and the retweet_count are being updated as expected. But strangely the favorited and the retweeted (so called Perspectival) fields are not.

Yes I am authenticating the user with request, and Im pretty sure the authentication process is correct cause if it wasn’t I wouldn’t be able to see the tweets at all.

Could there be an explanation for this? Is this a bug? Or am I just looking at it the wrong way

Hmmm something i came across https://dev.twitter.com/issues/1233

Perspectival attributes in Tweets are generally best sourced from the canonical source (statuses/show, favorites/list, statuses/user_timeline) rather than inline in a collection – they aren’t always accurate even when they surface around the service – several layers of cache based on different criteria means that sometimes the system “forgets” the current user has favorited or retweeted a tweet, especially if it happened in non-recent past.

search/tweets historically was a different kind of API that never considered the user’s role in the act of searching, making such fields moot. There may come a day where the Search API takes the authenticating user into account and when technically capable, include accurate perspectival attributes such as these booleans.

Hmmm that makes sense now. Thanks for the followup mate!