Reflection time of Audience API

Hi,

I am considering introducing the following API instead of the deprecated Real-Time Audience API.

POST accounts/:account_id/tailored_audiences/:tailored_audience_id/users

I would like to know the time it takes to actually rewrite the user data after requesting this API.
Is it reflected in a few minutes after requesting like the deprecated Real-Time Audience API?

If it takes time, please tell me the approximate time.

Thank you.

Hi @masahiro-ikeda ,

The details are on our documentation page:

https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/ads/audiences/overview.html

Processing Times:
Generally speaking audience changes are processed in batches that run every 6-8 hours. While an audience change is processing the existing audience to be updated is unaffected. We do not recommend making more than one update for additions and one update for removals per audience within this timeframe.

Unfortunately, due to the complexity of its processing, it takes time as mentioned above (max 6~8 hours).

Best,
Shohei

Hi, Shohei.

I’m sorry, I overlooked it.
Thank you very much for your kind information.

Thank you.

Hi, @jrsyo

Please ask a question on addition.

• Do you know the approximate time for batch execution?
  • Is there a way to know that the batch was executed and the data was reflected?
  • Does the data take effect immediately after the batch finishes?
    (Is it no problem to think that it is not necessary to add several hours after the batch ends?)
  • Is there a way to reflect data immediately in addition to the deprecated Real-Time Audience API?

I am sorry that there are many questions, but thank you.

Hi @masahiro-ikeda ,

• Do you know the approximate time for batch execution?

It depends on your data size but should be fast enough once that bach queue is triggered on our side (every 6-8 hours).

• Is there a way to know that the batch was executed and the data was reflected?

You can check audience_size and updated_at that are returned by GET accounts/:account_id/tailored_audiences/:tailored_audience_id endpoint.

• Does the data take effect immediately after the batch finishes?
    (Is it no problem to think that it is not necessary to add several hours after the batch ends?)

Yes, as I mentioned above it shouldn’t take so long once our system starts processing queues.

• Is there a way to reflect data immediately in addition to the deprecated Real-Time Audience API?

No.

Best,
Shohei

Hi, Shohei.

Thank you for the polite explanation.

Thank you.