Recent autherisation problem for our newest users - code 32

I have an application with approximately 200 users that sends status updates for them on a cron job that runs every minute. The users are checked each minute and if they’re due to send a tweet then they are added to the queue. The users set a time interval for how often they’d like tweets to be sent.

Up until about a week and a half ago everything was fine but now our new users (those that have signed up recently) are not having tweets posted to their timeline.

Whenever we make an api request using their oauth details it returns a 401 with the ‘could not authenticate you’ : ‘error 32’ message.

Meanwhile, all the other customers (the majority of them) continue tweeting as normal with no authentication problems.

Here’s what I know:

The application keys and secrets have never changed until today as I looked for a way to rectify the problem. Changing the keys did not solve the problem.

This only affects the most recently signed up users (those who signed up in the last two weeks say).

There has not been a code change that I can see that would affect the integrity of the code used to send the tweets.

The wrapper I’m using (github.com/ruudk/twitteroauth) has not been modified for 7 months.

I’m not aware of any changes to the Twitter api that might be causing this issue.

All in all I’m stumped. I can make curl requests to older users timelines and it authenticates fine but never for the new users.

If anyone has any ideas or things they think I should try I’d love to hear them!

Thanks,