Using the Twitter Card validator (https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards/validation/validator) to validate a URL of mine keeps returning ‘Internal Error. Try again later.’ The domain itself has already been approved. When I Tweeted the URL earlier today (https://twitter.com/jamiebicknell/status/426352033047011328) it didn’t display the card, so I think the card issue is apparent in both the validator tool and the timelines.
The URL in question is: http://www.jamiebicknell.com/23-Jan-2014/Vanillr-Issue-Tracker
What I’ve looking into already:
- There are no robots.txt file or htaccess rules to restrict the bot
- The image is ~72kb so well under the 2mb recommendation
- The description is 199 characters, so that is under the 200 character limit
- All required fields are there, as well as the twitter:url field from legacy support
What I’ve tried:
- Removing the Open Graph fields to see if it conflicts
- Removing the no longer needed twitter:url field
- Removing the twitter:image field
- Reducing the size of the description field so it’s not on the cusp of the 200 character limit
- When trying a different URL on the same domain (http://www.jamiebicknell.com/29-Sep-2013/Xbox-API-Twitter-Bot) it either comes back as a success, or the ‘exceeded 15.seconds to pink-floyd while…’ however the URL in question never returns this timeout issue or a success, it only ever comes back with the mentioned error message.
Any help, ideas, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.