Real-Time Audience API does not reflect the right size

After working with the Real-Time Audience API:
https://dev.twitter.com/ads/audiences/ta-realtime-integration-guide

We just noticed that an audience we updated through the Real-time API does not reflect the right size.

Initially we upload TON bucket of 1587 users and then we update with 154308 new users through the Real-Time.

This was the request:

[{
    operation_type: 'Update',
    params: {
        membership_type: 'LIST_MEMBERSHIP',
        advertiser_account_id: advertiserAccountId,
        user_identifier: twitterUserIdStr,
        user_identifier_type: 'TWITTER_ID',
        audience_names: 'TEST - Sandbox Realtime Membership'
   }
}, {}, ...]

Screenshot:

We didn’t notice that a second audience was created since the Real-Time Audience request was made with the LIST_MEMBERSHIP membership type.

It would be great to know if something was wrong in the update audience processing or this it the right way to create an initial audience and then update it.

Hey @dreyacosta

Thank you for your question! At the moment we don’t support the ability to mix the TON Upload API and the Real-Time API. So for example, a Tailored Audience created via the TON API cannot be updated using the Real-Time API and vice versa. Instead, two distinct audiences are created for each of those endpoints, which is why you see the second audience when using the Real-Time API.

In terms of the membership_type this value should be LIST_MEMBERSHIP

Hope that answers your question!

Thanks!

Hi @imit8me,

So if we cannot mix TON Upload API and the Real-Time API, which is the right way to create and upload an initial Tailored Audience and then update the Audience in Real-Time?

Thanks!

Hey @dreyacosta

If you’d like to create/update your audiences in Real-Time then the recommended way would be to use the Real-Time endpoint exclusively, i.e., to create your initial audience and to update it thereafter.

Thanks!

Hi again @imit8me ,

As you recommended me, I have created an audience through the Real-Time API doing this request:

POST https://ads-api.twitter.com/1/tailored_audience_memberships

[{
    operation_type: 'Update',
    params: {
        membership_type: 'LIST_MEMBERSHIP',
        advertiser_account_id: adsAccountId,
        user_identifier: twitterUserIdStr,
        user_identifier_type: 'TWITTER_ID',
        audience_names: 'Test Realtime API 3'
    }
},
{}, {}, ...]

I sent around 1500 users ids 24 hours ago for 2 new audiences but the audiences are not available yet.

The same audience through TON API works perfect:

Is something wrong?

Thanks.

Finally ready @imit8me