Re-activation of the deleted media creative

restapi
creative
media

Hi there!

Need your advice to understand is it a bug or normal behavior.
Preconditions are:

1. Via REST API I’ve uploaded media file POST ‘/media/upload’
  2. Created account media via POST ‘/account_media’
  3. And as the last step, I sent POST request to create media creative ‘/media_creatives’. All these requests returned successful status and I became able to see created media creative in the Twitter UI(Ads Manager) with status: ‘Running’.

If I change the creative status to the ‘Paused’ - GET request to ‘/media-creatives/{id}’ returns information with flag deleted = true. It’s OK because after resuming this creative(changing status to Running in Ads Manager) - it again becomes ‘Running’ and flag deleted = false.

Problem is the following:
If I’ll delete running media creative using REST API: DELETE ‘/media-creatives/{id}’ - it returns the OK response status, flag deleted = true and it will be in the ‘Paused’ status in the Ads Manager UI.
But! If I try to activate this creative again via Ads Manager UI - it crashes with the 500 error and nothing happened.

Help, please, with possible solutions in this situation…

Thanks for the detailed description, @akraskovski. You’re correct that deleting a media creative entity is represented as being paused in the UI (and vice versa). This is the same as how our promoted_tweets entities behave (see this post for an explanation).

But! If I try to activate this creative again via Ads Manager UI - it crashes with the 500 error and nothing happened.

I just tried this and it worked.

If you’re having UI-specific issues, please click on the “Help” link in the top right corner of ads.twitter.com.

Thanks again!