Rate limiting on Posting tweets

restapi
api

Hello,

I am thinking of creating a content management application.

The application will post tweets on behalf of another user based on what time and date the user picks. So every time the user wants to post a tweet that would count as a request, if I am not mistaken.

Basically, I want to know if 15 requests per 15 minutes per user/application is the only limitation. In this situation creating a CMS (Content management system) would be unrealistic for a large amount of users.

Is there any way that I can perhaps pay to increase the limit or is this it? I have seen people say that a streaming API might be the solution but as far as I understand the API is only for receiving data live and not for posting tweets, i.e. a constant connection to the twitter server.

Sorry if I am ill-informed, I am new to this but some insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You are correct that every time a user wants to post a Tweet, that it will involve (at least) one request, but this depends on what the user wants to include in the Tweet.

Also, the Twitter streaming APIs are just for receiving realtime data, not for publishing.

You can learn more about our limits here: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-limits
The 2,400 per day is at the user-level.