Rate limit Issue - Permanently 0 remanining hits

We have built a new site for which has a feature that pulls the latest tweets from several of their associated email accounts. So, there’s several (currently 9) Twitter users that the latest tweets are requested from. The website in question is continually getting no data returned within this page for these users which wasn’t occurring when we first launched the website. Having done numerous tests and investigations i believe this is in some fashion due to rate limiting and/or blacklisting of the server IP address as i can perform the same functions on another server without issue. There are are no php errors and all necessary extensions have been enabled through php.ini on the server. When i check the rate limit on this server it continually reports remaining_hits:0 and the reset time never changes. The full string returned when i query using ‘https://api.twitter.com/1/account/rate_limit_status.json’ is as follows:

{“remaining_hits”:0,“reset_time_in_seconds”:1366193703,“hourly_limit”:150,“reset_time”:“Wed Apr 17 10:15:03 +0000 2013”}

This simply doesn’t change at any point and the ‘reset_time_in_seconds’ always stays the same

Is it possible for us to get any blacklisting removed as this is a pretty vital feature for my client or alternatively any help or advice for a solution would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

It sounds like you’re making unauthenticated API v1 requests and are being rate limited. API v1 is deprecated and will stop functioning entirely on May 7th, 2013. You’ll want to move to API v1.1 as soon as possible.

Do you share the IP address you’re operating from or could there be any other processes making requests to the API? API v1’s unauthenticated requests are rate limited by IP address.