Promoted tweet wasn't approved by twitter

ads

Tried to play a bit with the api, and promoted some cnn article for fun (politics)
no impressions, and got mail after 24 hours that:

This determination is based on the following Twitter Ads policy:
Hate, sensitive topics, and violence

Tried to do this again with CNN sports article - got the same - what’s that thing? isn’t CNN a trusted domain? is it possible this is API thing?

Without knowing the specifics of the tweet/account, we cannot really comment more on why the tweet was not approved.

However, the Ads Policy team reviews API-created content in exactly the same way they review UI-created content, so the issue is not likely to be API related. I’d encourage you to create/test promoted tweets that are as similar as possible to what real promoted tweets from an advertiser would look like.

thanks @hwz.
To get more specific - Is it possible that promoted tweet must contain user-generated text?
for example I tried to promote this article (and in the api keywords field I added couple of related hashtags) - but no text of my own. just the image & title from the article. can that be an issue? Is it possible for you to explain why promoting this specific cnn-article can considered as hate, sensitive topics and violence? this is just reference to biggest pub in US…

Unfortunately we can’t comment more than pointing to https://support.twitter.com/articles/20169693 and offer that you are welcome to contact the Help/Support for Ads if it comes to a ‘real’ ad and not a test one and you are disagreeing with their decision.