promoted_account_follows from GET stats/accounts/:account_id/promoted_tweets

ads

Hi,
I am getting data for promoted tweets. By default there isn’t metric promoted_account_follows. When I added it into metrics, the API returns error 400 Bad Request.
GET https://ads-api.twitter.com/0/stats/accounts/p0rmwj/promoted_tweets
params:

"params": {
   "promoted_tweet_ids": "29qy6",
   "start_time": "2016-03-10",
   "granularity": "DAY",
   "metrics": "promoted_account_follows"
}

response:

"error": {
    "message": "400 Bad Request",
    "originalData": {
        "profileId": "ads_test",
        "method": "GET",
        "path": "https://ads-api.twitter.com/0/stats/accounts/p0rmwj/promoted_tweets",
        "params": {
            "promoted_tweet_ids": "29qy6",
            "start_time": "2016-03-10",
            "granularity": "DAY",
            "metrics": "promoted_account_follows"
        }
    },
    "code": 403
}

The metric is mentioned in metrics and segmentation
I need it for Total Engagements for promoted tweets in derived metrics
Is it bug?

Getting the exact same problem:

I am trying to get the number of followers for a given tweet. Following the metrics derived guide, followers should be
promoted_account_follows + promoted_tweet_profile_follows

But when I ask for those two metrics on my call I receive:
[code] => INVALID_PARAMETER
[message] => Expected valid metric promoted_tweet_tpn_url_clicks, promoted_tweet_timeline_clicks, promoted_tweet_search_engagements, conversion_key_page_views, promoted_tweet_profile_qualified_impressions, conversion_custom, promoted_tweet_tpn_engagements, promoted_tweet_timeline_retweets, promoted_tweet_search_url_clicks, promoted_tweet_profile_engagement_rate, promoted_tweet_search_clicks, promoted_tweet_search_qualified_impressions, promoted_tweet_timeline_replies, promoted_tweet_profile_clicks, promoted_tweet_tpn_replies, promoted_tweet_timeline_engagement_rate, promoted_tweet_tpn_favorites, promoted_tweet_search_favorites, promoted_tweet_app_open_attempts, promoted_tweet_timeline_url_clicks, promoted_tweet_timeline_favorites, promoted_tweet_tpn_clicks, conversion_site_visits, promoted_tweet_profile_url_clicks, promoted_tweet_timeline_engagements, promoted_video_total_views, promoted_tweet_profile_media_views, conversion_app_open, promoted_tweet_profile_replies, promoted_video_replays, promoted_tweet_profile_engagements, promoted_video_starts, promoted_tweet_timeline_media_views, promoted_tweet_tpn_media_views, promoted_tweet_timeline_qualified_impressions, promoted_tweet_app_install_attempts, promoted_tweet_timeline_impressions, promoted_tweet_timeline_card_engagements, promoted_tweet_tpn_impressions, mobile_conversion_installs, mobile_conversion_purchases, mobile_conversion_sign_ups, mobile_conversion_re_engages, mobile_conversion_logins, mobile_conversion_updates, mobile_conversion_tutorial_completes, mobile_conversion_reservations, mobile_conversion_add_to_cart, mobile_conversion_add_to_wishlist, mobile_conversion_checkout_initiated, mobile_conversion_searches, mobile_conversion_level_achieved, mobile_conversion_achievement_unlocked, mobile_conversion_content_views, mobile_conversion_shares, mobile_conversion_invites, mobile_conversion_added_payment_infos, mobile_conversion_spent_credits, mobile_conversion_rated, mobile_conversion_sale_amount_local_micro, mobile_conversion_order_quantity, mobile_lifetime_value_conversion_breakdown, mobile_lifetime_value_conversion_sale_amount_local_micro_breakdown, mobile_lifetime_value_conversion_order_quantity_breakdown, billed_charge_local_micro, promoted_tweet_timeline_follows, conversion_purchases, promoted_tweet_profile_follows, promoted_tweet_tpn_retweets, promoted_video_views_100, conversion_sign_ups, promoted_video_cta_clicks, promoted_tweet_profile_card_engagements, conversion_sale_amount, promoted_tweet_search_card_engagements, promoted_tweet_tpn_qualified_impressions, promoted_video_views_75, conversion_order_quantity, promoted_tweet_search_follows, promoted_tweet_tpn_card_engagements, promoted_tweet_profile_retweets, promoted_tweet_search_engagement_rate, promoted_tweet_tpn_engagement_rate, promoted_tweet_search_replies, promoted_tweet_profile_impressions, promoted_tweet_tpn_follows, promoted_tweet_search_retweets, promoted_tweet_profile_favorites, promoted_video_views_25, promoted_video_views_50, promoted_tweet_search_impressions, conversion_downloads, promoted_tweet_search_media_views, got “promoted_account_follows” for metrics
[parameter] => metrics

The metrics appear on the Analytics panel, so the client wants to see that on our application as well.

The call is made using PHP:
$session->getAds(“stats/accounts/” . $accountId . “/promoted_tweets/”. $tweetAdId, array(‘start_time’ => $start_time, ‘granularity’ => ‘TOTAL’, ‘metrics’ => $metricsList));

Where $metricsList contains all the metrics I need. As soon as I remove both promoted_account_follows and promoted_tweet_profile_follows, the call starts to work.

Has that campaign the FOLLOWERS objective?

No, it is VIDEO VIEWS.
Nonetheless, the number of followers do appear on the analytics panel.

So, in this case you should not use promoted_account_follows because that metric is only related to a FOLLOWERS campaign.

As you can se here: https://dev.twitter.com/ads/analytics/metrics-and-segmentation-v0

promoted_account_follows --> Total follows for Promoted Account campaigns

Also, I don’t recommend to develope nothing related to Ads API version 0, because it will be deprecated on 30th of June.

Regards

Well, are you saying that despite the campaign getting followers and the data about those followers shows up inside the ads analytics panel, we cant get this data through the API?

If that is true, what would be kind a bizarre behavior, there is an inconsistency on that fact: if you call the stats at campaign level, the followers metrics shows up for VIDEO VIEWS.

No,

what I’m saying is that you only can use the metric “promoted_account_follows” if you’re using a FOLLOWERS campaign, because you promote accounts no Tweets.

In order to retrieve follows metric from a Promoted Tweet you should pull “promoted_tweet_tpn_follows” “promoted_tweet_search_follows” “promoted_tweet_profile_follows” “promoted_tweet_timeline_follows”

Tks a lot Hector.
It does not make much sense to me but it worked.
Solved.

Thats because you’re promoting tweets, not accounts in your campaign (video views )

:grinning: