Problems destroying favorites

Hi everyone, i favourited this status “id_str”: “290993750392578050” years ago but i can’t destroy it (unfav). i’m totally sure i’m doing everything well because i can destroy other favourites. actually i can neither destroy it in web version.
API RESPONSE IS

stdClass Object
(
    [errors] => Array
        (
            [0] => stdClass Object
                (
                    [message] => Sorry, that page does not exist
                    [code] => 34
                )
        )
)

What’s the exact API call you’re making? seems really odd!

$c1 = 'consumer_key';
$c2 = 'consumer_secret';
$c3 = 'oauth_access_token';
$c4 = 'oauth_access_token_secret';

$tweet = new TwitterOAuth($c1, $c2, $c3, $c4);
$response = $tweet->post('https://api.twitter.com/1.1/favorites/destroy/290993750392578050.json' ) ;
echo "<pre>";
print_r ($response);
echo "<pre>";

for example the tweet “id_str”: “290993750392578050” exists and it was favourited by me years ago but i can’t destroy this favourite.

Now if i change
$response = $tweet->post('https://api.twitter.com/1.1/favorites/destroy/290993750392578050.json' ) ;
to
$response = $tweet->post('https://api.twitter.com/1.1/favorites/destroy.json?id=290993750392578050' ) ;

the response is

stdClass Object
(
    [errors] => Array
        (
            [0] => stdClass Object
                (
                    [code] => 144
                    [message] => No status found with that ID.
                )

)

)

That’s odd. I’m not able to reproduce on anything on my account and I cannot validate (though I do not doubt you!) that your account did like that Tweet, as that is what we call “perspectival” data only available to the account owner. Really strange.

i have almost 38k favourites, so i have the same number of problems.

You’re saying that you cannot remove any of those favourites at all?

yes, i can not.

yesterday I could delete some tweets (almost 3k) but why I can’t delete the other ones?
i have the ids of them but the response is

stdClass Object
(
    [errors] => Array
        (
            [0] => stdClass Object
                (
                    [code] => 144
                )

)

)

i was RE - favoriting them to destroy them after but it does not work because my favorite counter still shows them and each individual tweet shows something like “1 user has asked not to be shown in this view”.

this is annoying, why if i have the ids i can’t unfav them? (neither by twitter.com)

stdClass Object
(
    [errors] => Array
        (
            [0] => stdClass Object
                (
                    [code] => 144
                )

)

)

I’ve re-favorited and destroy them but then twitter shows me “This request looks like it might be automated” even though i have done this manually one by one.

I’m running into this same issue. I have the IDs of each of favorites. If I run a get status API call with the ID, it returns the correct tweet. However when I post a destroy favorite API call with the same status, I get a 144 “No status found with that ID.” If this could be resolved I would really appreciate it!

Are you using Javascript? you need to use the id_str value to ensure that Javascript is not mangling the Tweet ID number.

Hi @sashaperigo i know @andypiper wont answer something useful. i deleted 30k likes/favorites “re-marking” as favorites and then destroying them. Oh! and it doesn’t matter what language you are using to get their IDS (as @andypiper suggests). its a twitter bug. if you choose a one of those tweets in a browser https://twitter.com/intent/status/[TWEET ID] you wont be able to delete it normally either

i have like 6k i cant destroy them and they dont appear in my account. Only in the like counter

There’s no guarantee that the standard API will be able to fulfil a request, especially on very old Tweets that may have been moved into different storage internally. Apologies that this might be frustrating to you.

Bear in mind that bulk and automated actions (specifically including likes) are prohibited under the automation rules.

i did it manually

so the explanation is my likes were moved to a different storage. “HBbysLrdx7qznycAAA==” I guess they are divided by months or days. that’s why i cant find them and the dont appear in twitter or mobile version.

they don’t appear*