Problem/bug: Get Search/tweets - count parameter

The optional paramter, Count does not work. It always defaults to a result set of 15. (even if you specify a different number count=20, 30, 40, 100 - number of tweets per page will still be 15).

count (optional)
The number of tweets to return per page, up to a maximum of 100. Defaults to 15. This was formerly the “rpp” parameter in the old Search API.
Example Values: 100

I cannot reproduce, when I request:

GET “/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=test&count=1” I get a single result back. If I increment to 2, I get two results back. Can you share your query so I can try to reproduce? Thanks!

I am using twurl and the command line.

$ twurl /1.1/search/tweets.json?q=%40barackobama&count=100

You should wrap the path in quotes – in bash shells, the “&” is a reserved character so it’s not actually being sent to the API – your just sending the query without the count parameter.

twurl “/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=%40barackobama&count=100”

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try when I get home.

Kris

I use this and always get 15:

http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=iPhone&count=100

Anything wrong?

I am using “https://api.twitter.com/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=IMeditateDC&count=10”. but i didn’t get any response.

When I use the parameters result_type=popular and count=(what_ever_number) it only ever gives me 15 results. But when I change result_type to recent or mixed it gives me the right count.
Bug?

I am experiencing the same problem @RaitzeR is having. Seems like a bug.

Hei folks…is this still valid?
We had reports from our users that the results are incorrect sometimes (latest of which is a search for “workout” with geo=“43.653226%2C-79.38318429999998%2C50mi” and count=100
We’re getting 80 Tweets in first call, and another 67 after those (so there are more than a 100 here).

If we lower the count to 80, we get 67 tweets, count=50 returns 40, and so on until count=21 actually returns 21 tweets.

We verified those on APIGEE as well, so is this a bug or what?
Changing the result_type to mixed or recent its still incomplete (mixed for example gives 83 for count=100)

It is possible that this happens because some Tweets are filtered out after the count is applied. Yet such a huge difference in number of Tweets seems a bit weird.

Seems like it only works when applying result_type=recent and NOT with result_type=popilar