Please tell me more detail rules about applying 100,000 access token limit

in Developer Rules of the Road, you said that
"Furthermore, applications that attempt to replicate Twitter’s core user experience (as described in Section I.5 below) will need our permission to have more than 100,000 user tokens and are subject to additional terms. "
and
"5. While Twitter discourages development in this area, some Services or applications attempt to replicate Twitter’s core user experience, typically by accessing the home timeline, account settings, or direct messages API endpoints or User Streams product. The following additional rules apply to Services or applications that fall within this category. ".

Please tell me more detail about “typically by accessing the home timeline, account settings, or direct messages API endpoints or User Streams product.”.

Are you apply 100,000 access token limit to an App that use only GET direct_messages/show API ?
Are you apply 100,000 access token limit to an App that use only GET statuses/home_timeline API ?

Please tell me more detail rules about applying 100,000 access token limit.

thank you.

I would also like more details!

The reason why twitter has made is this far is because of developers of 3rd party apps. W/o third party, I would have left a long time ago…now that you have screwed over the developer…im probably out.

Per our API Terms of Service (https://dev.twitter.com/terms/api-terms), applications or services which attempt to replicate the core user experience provided by Twitter are subject to a token cap.

If your service does not attempt to replicate the core Twitter user experience then this token cap does not apply to your service and you will not need to apply for a higher token limit.

If the application you are building looks/feels/acts like the Twitter Clients owned and operated by Twitter, Inc. then this cap does apply.

We know that there are developers that want to take their passion for Twitter and its ecosystem to unique, underserved situations that we do not already cover. As such, we have built some flexibility into our policy with regard to user tokens. If you feel your application replicates our core user experience for a userbase which we are underserving, please file a ticket at https://support.twitter.com/forms/platform and let us know, as you may qualify for an exception.

Regards,
@truebe
Twitter Platform Operations