Please Help! How does Twitter count Tweet button clicks?

Hello,

Could somebody please help me? I am new to Tweet buttons and have a couple of questions as to how the count clicks.

The same exact tweet button (same exact code) appears more than once on each of my pages - this is intentional and all good. One of my pages has two tweet buttons and one tweet button shows +2 clicks while the other tweet button shows nothing (which I assume means zero clicks). How can this be? My question is does the tweet button show clicks per page (meaning that if I have two tweet buttons on one page, each tweet button would show how many times any person has clicked on either of the tweet button on that page) or per tweet button itself (meaning that if I have two tweet buttons on one page, each button would show how many times a person has clicked on just that tweet button in question and not how many times people have clicked on either tweet button on that page)?

Also, I have the same exact tweet button (same exact code) on every page of my website and the number of clicks that the tweet buttons show varies per page. How can this be? Is this because the tweet button shows clicks per each page (meaning that each tweet buttons shows how many times a person has clicked on the tweet button on that particular page) and not the sum of how many times any person has clicked on any tweet button on any page of the website (meaning that if Person A clicks on the tweet button on the Home Page and Person B clicks on the tweet button on the Sales Page, each button would show +1 and not +2).

Thank you

hi tweet