Player Card questions on twitter:player and validation

[EDIT 12DEC2013]

I’ll answer my own player card questions below in case they help others that are coming from my perspective.

1. It only took a few hours for my first URL to be validated… once that initial URL was validated my domain was white-listed and subsequent URL tweets (that conform) appear as player cards.

2. In my case the twitter:player points to a URL that has simple markup (html/css/js) of just the player (customized to expand and fill the full width and height.) I don’t think 100% width and height are required but your player needs to re-size well for small screens of iPhone and Android devices.

3. I’m not sure about this one. I was able to get a tweet validated and then pulled it up in each context to insure it appears as desired/expected.

[Original Questions]

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer. I must be missing something in the Twitter Player Card documentation and have several questions:

1. To tweet a Player Card does each individual web page (URL) have to be validated by Twitter? Or is this done by domain? How long does this typically take?

2. The documentation defines the twitter:player tag as “HTTPS URL to iframe player.” So should the markup of this URL contain an iFrame? or perhaps should the content expand to fill the full width or height of the page (to host within an iFrame)? I understand that all assets must be referenced via https, use html5 video with fallback to flash etc. but the twitter:player definition could use some details.

3. How to test each twitter context (mobile/native/web) without player card validation? We are asked to review each Player Card with iOS app, Android app, mobile web on each platform and within a modern web browser… but (to my knowledge) a player card must be approved/validated before being able to view.

Thanks again.
Stan

1.) Done by domain. May take 3 weeks, sometimes more. We are backed up on verifying them.

2.) Re: twitter:player, I would look at the source of any youtube video, and follow/click on the twitter:player link.

3.) If you’re only doing the twitter:player method, make sure the URL you specify is a.) full screen (as if it were in an IFRAME), b.) responsive, c.) does not auto play.

After you submit, we’ll get you feedback.