Pic Not Showing Up In Tweet

Hi. I have been at this all day and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I am approved for the photo card. The ring shows up in the preview window. This is the url that I am trying to use. http://www.francescafinejewelry.com/jewelry67.html I don’t think there is anything wrong with the code. What exactly am I putting in the tweet besides my words? I put my words and the above url, but the picture of the ring does not show up in the tweet. Am I doing the tweet wrong? Thanks!

Sorry. Often there is a delay from the tweet. I see it here:

http://imgur.com/OYdQ2dT

Oh my goodness, thank you so much!!!

Ryan, are you still around? The pic only shows up if I click the link that says view photo. It will also show up if I click on that particular status (by clicking on the time such as 14m). It doesn’t show up right under my tweet otherwise. I also asked two people to look at that tweet and they both said they had to click the link that said view photo. If you go directly to all my tweets twitter.com/ffjewelry the pic for the tweet that says 14k Gold wide ring doesn’t automatically pop up under the tweet.

Hi @ffjewelry,

Currently, it only shows on “expand”. We’re considering options, but that’s what it does for now.

Thanks!

Ryan

I’m confused. How come other people’s pics show up right under their tweets without clicking expand or view photo? Should I be doing something else besides using the photo card? Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Ah. Sorry for the confusion. If you take photos or have photos with pic.twitter.com, they will auto-expand. Typically, this is done from a mobile app.

I got the pic to show up in the tweet! I did it with the cell phone.

Hi Ryan,

We were having the same issue and when we send out a Tweet through Twitter, it still says “Image will show up as a link.” However, like Francesca, it does show if I expand. Does it have the ability to how up in the stream without clicking expand?

Also, does the photo function work if we are using a third-party app like Hootsuite?

Thank you for all the help.

Best,
Jacob

Hi Ryan,

We were having the same issue and when we send out a Tweet through Twitter, it still says “Image will show up as a link.” However, like Francesca, it does show if I expand. Does it have the ability to how up in the stream without clicking expand?

Also, does the photo function work if we are using a third-party app like Hootsuite?

Thank you for all the help.

Best,
Jacob

At this part, it doesn’t unless you use pic.twitter.com (post a tweet from your mobile phone).

Other tweet tools may allow you to do this, but I’m not certain which ones.

Just want to post to say that I was having the same problem: I tried posting my image both from my mobile phone and from twitter.com, and each time my photo did get uploaded to pic.twitter.com, but it did not auto-expand in my/others’ feeds.

The solution for me was to make sure that the photo was a bit larger. My image was originally about 640px wide and 240px high. When I scaled the image to 900px in width, my image was automatically expanded in mine and others’ feeds. (That is, the image preview was shown by default in the feed without having to click to show it)

No mater what I try my images don’t show up in my tweet without clicking “view image”

For Cards (photo, summary etc) the images will show when you click Expand. For images added to a regular tweet and posted to pic.twitter.com via e.g. the mobile Twitter app, the images should show in the timeline.

I used to have no problem tweeting pics; I would simply click on the camera icon…choose from my pics and the thumbnail would appear at the bottom of the tweet. NOW? I click CHOOSE and a greyish-beige band appears across the bottom of the tweet. NOTHING appears where the thumbnail used to. ??

Also, it’s asking me, “Who’s in this pic?” ???

(In-stream preview)
So what you are saying is; you can’t do n-stream preview pix from a desk top, it can only be done from a phone?
If that’s the case… that is so lame!

OK still no love from twitter, I got my image to preview once and never again.
No one seams to be smart enough to tell me why I can’t my image to preview except for once I always need to click on view photo

@andypiper photos uploaded at twitter.com to pic.twitter.com w/chrome browser on Win7 don’t show inline in hash stream. All photos 640 pixels or smaller. Examples can be seen at #TwoBullsFire

that may be because you are looking at a search stream rather than a timeline. However, when I search for #TwoBullsFire or if I visit your timeline in a browser, i do see inline photos.

photo cards will not display the image by default, you have to expand the tweet to see the card. This is the expected behaviour.