oAuth 1.0 with Twitter API on Advanced Rest Client

I apologize if this is a silly question. I’m accustomed to oAuth2, so this is a new foray for me. I’ve both created and consumed many REST APIs but never had a problem using ARC for them before, so I guess there’s a first time for everything :slight_smile: In ARC, I have filled in the Authorization section, choosing oAuth 1.0, filled in the consumer key, consumer secret, token, token secret, and token auth URL. ARC created the timestamp and nonce, and I chose the HMAC-SHA1 realm. When I click “authorize”, it just hangs; never comes back. When I try a simple GET on api.twitter.com/1.1/followers/ids.json?screen_name=< my screen name >, I get the 400 “Bad authentication data” with code 215 response. What am I missing?

I read another post, a little different than mine, but the reply was to try Insomnia for testing, and it worked! I guess Advanced Rest Client just isn’t a good tool anymore. I used the same exact inputs, but ARC didn’t work. Too bad, it was my favorite for the past decade.

There are a handful of REST clients out there that don’t handle the oauth nonce , oauth_signature , and oauth_timestamp part of the auth header properly. Insomnia has been reliable with these tokens since I started using it a while back.