I’m having issues getting our thumbnail images to show up. Every time we share an article, the placeholder thumbnail image is being used instead of the image specified in the twitter:image meta tag.
I have gone through everything in the Summary Card docs, and everything in the pinned FAQ on this forum for no image, and I’m unable to figure out what the problem is.
- Our robots.txt allows everything
- We are specifying twitter:card “summary”
- We are specifying the twitter:title, twitter:description, twitter:image, and twitter:url
- All meta tags are included when forcing the Twitterbot and Twitterbot/1.0 user-agents
- The image fetching works properly with the Twitterbot user-agents
Page in question:
twitter:image from that page:
It may be worth noting that we are not currently forcing the protocol of http or https in the image, we just use //. We have tried forcing it to both http and https though, and that did not work either.
Are we missing something? We feel like we have exhausted all of our ideas on this, including pre-warming the CDN cache, using slightly larger images, triple-checking the tags we are using, etc.
Thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated.