New Twitter Timeline Widget won't work!

I made the timeline widget, grabbed the html and put it on my web page. The only thing I get is one line that reads “Tweets by @wild4the80s”…no timeline…nothing. Why??? It sure seems like a great feature and I would love to be able to use it. Please help!!!

Same issue here! Not sure what the problem is. I’m using WIX but my domain is connected directly through them. hmm

same- mine worked earlier today but no longer…all i get is the ‘tweets by…’ link… :frowning:

I can’t access it at all when I click on widget it gives me an error

Same here. The whitelist says it’ll update within minutes, but after nearly an hour it’s still saying the domain isn’t whitelisted. It also won’t let me save “localhost” as a whitelisted domain, which is kinda necessary for local development.

Same problem here… tried a frriends account, works fine… but on this acc it won´t even show someting in the twitter-widget area… just “Hmm, an empty timeline. That’s weird.”…

I am a developer working for the City of Chicago. Every month, on “City Council Day” we promote a page on our website where users can watch live video and view community tweets.

We have, until this month, used the old search widget which worked adequately (though many visitors complained about slow loading times).

I switched to the new “Embeddable Timeline” widget and received feedback from MULTIPLE people (including the City Clerk herself) that the widget did not ever load for them. There is no one specific browser that was problematic, nor a specific operating system or network. Just dozens of people saying “it didn’t show up.”

I am hoping that Twitter is working to correct this. It was totally embarrassing.

Didn’t see a resolution from anyone but here’s what I found out. Had the same issue myself and played around until I fould that in the Domains box, you have to enter all variations of your domain. That means www.domain.com and domain.com. If you’re embedding from a sub-dmain, enter that too as sub.domain.com, and if necessary, www.sub.domain.com. Another important note is that the domain names must be all lowercase. For whatever reason, mine did not work until I used an all lowercase domain name (so I’m assuming that’s by design). Hope this helps someone else.

I too have the same issue when I try to use it for my blog http://nlphr.blogspot.com ; but when I am in a preview mode - template preview for example, my tweets appear. But when I come to the normal view, they dont appear and just the 'Tweets by @nlpforhr" appear.

Infact, they also appear when the html code gets generated in twitter. Request, twitter to fix it asap.

Thanks for outlining these details, this is the most common errors we see.

wher the fak is the problem? can someone from TWITTER ANSWER?
Cause it seems to be a problem no only 1 day! DID THE DEVLOPERS OF TWITTER ARE SERIOUS OR WTF?
If not PLS CLOSE YOUR TWITTER EVERYBODY LIKE THIS MAYBE THEY WILL LOOSE and do something with it !!!

I’ve done all that and still, it doesn’t work… :frowning:
Very disapointed with Twitter and this thing

Make sure you have whitelisted the exact domain.

OF COURSE, USING UPPER CASE IS A GREAT WAY TO GET OUR ATTENTION.

but probably not an answer (but hey you got lucky).

Just in the last hour, there where 22 new discussions started. We are a team of 6 developer advocates. We really try to do our best. No seriously.

/end-of-rant

No offense, but that’s more developer advocates than we have developers at our company. This guy was out of line though.

Fact is, you guys released and promoted a pretty broken product 3 weeks ago, after enforcing rules that essentially crippled most existing products in this area. People want their site to work, and don’t want to hang around in a state of limbo for 3 weeks.

Agree with Steve Dennis.

I’m having the same problem. The widget is displayed when I access my site from a PC using Google chrome. However, when I access my site from any Mac, my iphone, or my google nexus 7 tablet the space where the widget is supposed to show up only displays the text “Tweets by @Mytwittername

Here is an example of what it looks like, notice the blank space on the right side: http://s11.postimage.org/6d6fn9itt/twitterwidget.png

I am STILL not able to get the timelines to work. I have to say I’m rather puzzled. Here’s my example:

http://thebiermans.net/twitterwidget.html

The new Twitter widgets haven’t worked for me since they were rolled out. All I ever see is Tweets by @mbierm

To be honest, this is rather disappointing. It hardly seems like displaying tweets should be so challenging. Is there an ETA for getting this resolved?

I am STILL not able to get the timelines to work. I have to say I’m rather puzzled. Here’s my example:

http://thebiermans.net/twitterwidget.html

The new Twitter widgets haven’t worked for me since they were rolled out. All I ever see is, “Tweets by @mbierm

To be honest, this is rather disappointing. It hardly seems like displaying tweets should be so challenging. Is there an ETA for getting this resolved?