New Bid Types?

Hello,

Are there new bid types available via the API? Giving the user access to bid types that optimize towards an action (clicks, installs, conversions) would be great.

I checked the recent changes and there doesn’t appear to be anything there.

Regards,

@rg_dev Objective-based Campaigns have indeed been available in the API since August 2014. Additionally, the optimization parameter was made available on the line_item endpoints to enable finer objective-based adjustments. See the update from March 4, 2015.

A few followup questions, where my reading of the documentation didn’t seem to give a conclusive answer:

1. As described here: https://dev.twitter.com/ads/campaigns/objective-based-campaigns, Campaign objectives include “APP_ENGAGEMENTS”, “APP_INSTALLS”. Both of these have app cards and bid types based on CPAC (App Clicks). What is the difference? Is there a different algorithm used somewhere for each? If so, what is used to measure engagements?

2. There seems to be a new “bid_unit” parameter for line items, available for the “APP_INSTALLS” objective. The documented values include (APP_CLICK, APP_INSTALL, ENGAGEMENT, FOLLOW, LEAD, LINK_CLICK, VIEW), from the enumerations page. Is it described anywhere how these work? (I.e. precisely what an ENGAGEMENT, FOLLOW or LEAD is, in the context of a mobile app install ad?)

3. Is it correct that these bid units are not available for the APP_ENGAGEMENTS objective, i.e. you can’t bid on engagements of a campaign with the engagement objective? And if you want to bid on engagements you need an APP_INSTALLS objective?

Thanks!
William