"Multiple negative edit boxes are not supported" error

media-upload
video

Hi, I’m using the Media API to upload a video made from my iPhone app to Twitter. After working really hard to get things to the point where the video is actually getting uploaded properly, my upload seems to be failing in the home stretch. When I make the STATUS call to find out if my mp4 has been successfully uploaded, I get this stack trace:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: Multiple negative edit boxes are not supported:scala.Predef$.require(Predef.scala:224),com.twitter.mediaservices.video.common.processor.NegativeEditBoxUtil.\u003cinit\u003e(EditBoxUtil.scala:118),com.twitter.mediaservices.video.common.processor.jni.JniVideoDemuxer.handleNegativeVideoEditBox(JniVideoDemuxer.scala:326),com.twitter.mediaservices.video.common.processor.jni.JniVideoDemuxer.com$twitter$mediaservices$video$common$processor$jni$JniVideoDemuxer$$demux(JniVideoDemuxer.scala:186),com.twitter.mediaservices.video.common.processor.jni.JniVideoDemuxer$$anonfun$com$twitter$mediaservices$video$common$processor$jni$JniVideoDemuxer$$demuxVideoJni$1$$anonfun$apply$5.apply(JniVideoDemuxer.scala:281),com.twitter.mediaservices.video.common.processor.jni.JniVideoDemuxer$$anonfun$com$twitter$mediaservices$video$common$processor$jni$JniVideoDemuxer$$demuxVideoJni$1$$anonfun$apply$5.apply(JniVideoDemuxer.scala:279),scala.Function1$$anonfun$andThen$1.apply(Function1.scala:52),scala.Function1$$anonfun$andThen$1.apply(Function1.scala:52),resource.AbstractManagedResource$$anonfun$5.apply(AbstractManagedResource.scala:86),scala.util.control.Exception$Catch$$anonfun$either$1.apply(Exception.scala:125),scala.util.control.Exception$Catch$$anonfun$either$1.apply(Exception.scala:125),scala.util.control.Exception$Catch.apply(Exception.scala:103),scala.util.control.Exception$Catch.either(Exception.scala:125),resource.AbstractManagedResource.acquireFor(AbstractManagedResource.scala:86),resource.DeferredExtractableManagedResource.acquireFor(AbstractManagedResource.scala:27),resource.DeferredExtractableManagedResource.acquireFor(AbstractManagedResource.scala:27),resource.ManagedResourceOperations$class.acquireAndGet(ManagedResourceOperations.scala:25),resource.DeferredExtractableManagedResource.acquireAndGet(AbstractManagedResource.scala:24),com.twitter.mediaservices.video.common.processor.jni.JniVideoDemuxer$$anonfun$com$twitter$mediaservices$video$common$processor$jni$JniVideoDemuxer$$demuxVideoJni$1.apply(JniVideoDemuxer.scala:282),com.twitter.mediaservices.video.common.processor.jni.JniVideoDemuxer$$anonfun$com$twitter$mediaservices$video$common$processor$jni$JniVideoDemuxer$$demuxVideoJni$1.apply(JniVideoDemuxer.scala:245),com.twitter.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:15),com.twitter.util.ExecutorServiceFuturePool$$anon$4.run(FuturePool.scala:141),java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511),java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266),java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142),java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617),java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)"}

Google doesn’t show anything for that error, so I was wondering if any of the engineers from Twitter had seen it before. For reference, my media_id was 785735523981664256.

Thanks,
Ethan

I’m seeing this error also, media id is 905963271739523078

I notice there was no Twitter response for Ethan’s original query, hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Mark