Most of the amazon products doesn't work with twitter card

Hello, I’m trying to publish in my twitter account amazon products with the twitter card. But most of the product doesn’t work, only a few of them shows the card on the tweet, in the rest of them when I try to validate shows the error
"WARN: No metatags found".

Is there someone publishing amazon product on twitter that can explain me why is not working?.

If I go directly to look for the meta tags in the code of the amazon product web page, the twitter meta tags are not there thats true, but if I check one of the amazon webpage that is working with the twitter cards I check that it doesn’t have the metatags either, so I don’t understand how is this working.

First of all, this is mostly a question for Amazon’s web team rather than on the Twitter platform side, as all we can do is to read any meta tags included in their pages and display cards accordingly.

If you are able to provide some links that demonstrate the issue you’re describing, someone may be able to take a quick look to validate what is going on, but I’m not sure how we can do much proactively on the Twitter side.

One option would be for you to have your own site where you implement card tags of your own, with redirects to Amazon as required.

First of all, thank you Andy for the fast answer. I know this issue is not problem of twitter side, it´s probably amazon fault or maybe mine because I’m doing something wrong, so I appreciate it. I posted it because maybe someone is having the same problem and can guide me.

This is one of the links that is not working:
"https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B003IPCORG"
INFO: Page fetched successfully
WARN: No metatags found

And this is one of the products that shows the twitter card correctly:
"https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B012B7NVPU"
INFO: Page fetched successfully
INFO: 13 metatags were found
INFO: twitter:card = summary_large_image tag found
INFO: Card loaded successfully

I looked for the twitter meta tags in the code of both pages and I didn´t find nothing in any of them, so I don´t know how to focus the problem.

I’ve just tried both and they both seem to work, but inconsistently. Really hard to say what the problem might be there. Sometimes a 503 is returned, other times a 301 which redirects successfully. It might just be occasional network issues in trying to retrieve pages.

Yeah, I check it now and both of them are working so maybe is an amazon issue, I´m going try to focus from other perspective, maybe asking amazon directly. Thank you for your time Andy, really appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.